Illuminated LED SignsMajestic Sign Studio offers numerous types of exterior signage to meet your varying needs. Let us know what you’re thinking for your sign design, and we’ll work within your budget to create the highest-quality, effective exterior signage for your business or organization. Illuminated signs utilize either internal or external light for a bright, visible message to attract customers day or night. Our custom illuminated signs are ideal for hard-to-find buildings and help your business and location be noticed. Traditionally, illuminated signs consist of neon and fluorescent lighting. LED signs, however, are now the most commonly used illuminated signs due to their energy efficiency, durability and minimal required maintenance. See the Top 5 Benefits of LED Signage for more information.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, businesses who add an outdoor LED sign can see a 15-150% increase in sales.
Start Creating Your LED Sign
Step 1: Basics of Sign Construction
External signs usually consist of:
- Sign Face Either three-dimensional lettering or a cabinet.
- Returns The sides of the lettering or cabinet.
- Standoffs When mounted, signs can utilize standoffs to create space between the sign and wall, creating dimension and allowing for a sleek and striking lighting effect.
- Internally-illumined lighting options
Step 2: Lighting Options
- Front-lit signs are when the front-face of the sign lights up.
- Halo-lit signs (also referred to as reverse lit or back-lit signs) use standoffs to create a “halo” lighting effect. Using the depth created by standoffs, the sign is internally lit by from behind by projecting light onto the wall surface behind the sign.
- Combination Signage can apply a mix of up to all three lighting methods for dynamic and visible exterior signage.
Step 3: Select Outdoor Sign Materials
Your outdoor sign materials will depend on your mandated signage criteria and design needs.
- Painted PVC
- Aluminum (Rust- and rot-resistant)
- Letter foam
- Painted PVC
Step 4: Putting It All Together
Based on your vision and sign criteria, we’ll select a variety of materials and lighting options for your budget and build a custom and eye-catching exterior sign. Here are a few options for your custom illuminated and LED signs:
Blade signs are projected from a building by a pole, and are attached to be perpendicular to your flow of traffic.
- Ideal for retail stores, small shops and boutiques.
- Positioned to attract foot traffic to your establishment.
- Provides classic look.
Channel Lettering Signs
Channel lettering are constructed of individual three-dimensional letters for a distinct look.
- Letters can be individually illuminated (front-lit or front- and back-lit),
- When illuminated, lends added readability.
Push-Through Acrylic Signs
With push-through acrylic signs, your company name and logo are routed through an aluminum sheet, then pushed through the area to create depth.
- Sign can be internally lit to create a halo lighting effect.
- When illuminated, creates dynamic and unique signage.
Also called “wall” and “box” signs, cabinet signs are known for their flexibility to be cut into any shape.
- Commonly used as logo signs, providing impactful branding.
- Sign can be contoured in numerous shapes and styles for a modern look.
- When illuminated, maintain visibility during a variety of weather conditions, including overcast and fog.
Monument signs are large, permanent outdoor signs that are mounted into a base within the ground.
- Best-suited for hard-to-find buildings that are looking to identify a presence.
- Enhances the exterior of your building.
- When illuminated, are ideal for clear building identification.
- Offered in 60 custom design molds.