ADA-compliant signs are important in businesses for many reasons. First and foremost, the signs are critical to supporting individuals of all abilities in your facility. The signs will offer the assistance they need with navigation and access. This will showcase your business as both professional and caring, thus demonstrating your commitment to helping people on-site.
In addition, the signs will help your business to meet legal requirements. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines, all permanent rooms in your public facility must have ADA-compliant signs in place.
Considerations for ADA Sign Compliance
For these reasons, it’s important to understand what is needed to make compliant ADA room signage. Review the ADA design standards for complete details on all the factors that tie into compliance. Here are just a few:
- Character Considerations: ADA-compliant braille signs include features such as raised characters/braille. They also consider specific guidelines related to characters, including height, stroke thickness, and character/line spacing.
- Image Considerations: ADA-compliant signs must take into account pictogram sizes and descriptors. There are additional considerations for symbols of accessibility.
- Design Considerations: Color contrast, font choice, copy style, and non-reflective signage materials also need to be addressed for ADA room signage.
- Mounting Considerations: Placement of your signage is equally as important as its design and materials. A specific mounting height and placement alongside the door at the latch side will help your signs be accessible and compliant.
- Professional Signage Support: Working with a signage partner that understands the guidelines will make it easy to receive compliant signs for your business. In California, you can rely on Majestic Sign Studio to collaborate with you on ADA signs that meet all the legal requirements, including for braille office signs. We offer quality craftsmanship, in-house manufacturing, and mass production capabilities.
Looking for ADA signs to pass an inspection? When you need custom signage, our team will guide you in crafting custom signs that match your architectural style and/or brand. Choose from materials such as acrylic, aluminum, stainless steel, wood, and more to give your signage a distinct look.
Contact Majestic Sign Studio for ADA-Compliant Braille Signs
For complete, custom signage solutions in California, connect with us today. Our in-house experts look forward to speaking with you about signage systems that will support people in your business and help your company become ADA compliant.
Get started today by reaching out to request a quote!